Fantastical Wooden Sculptures Act as Symbols of Compassion
In his personal sculpture garden, Australian artist Bruno Torfs crafts wooden figures that live in the forest. Embracing fantasy, his life-sized works feature delightfully unusual characters. We see things like a bearded wizard carrying an armful of tiny creatures and a young princess riding a unicorn. Torfs incorporates the natural landscape into his art, using tree branches and leaves as a part of his subjects’ hair or body. After carving, they remain unpainted and blend in with their surroundings.
We might describe someone as wooden when they lack emotion, but Torfs proves that wood can convey an incredible range of feelings. He communicates love, joy, and sadness through tiny details like the angle of a shoulder or subtle shape of an eye. These figures mirror difficult emotions we face, and his work is a symbol of compassion and a source of comfort to those who use nature walks for reflection.
The garden was rebuilt after Brunos home and the garden were destroyed by a bushfire in 2009
|reading in head:||i'm practically a master of linguistics my pronunciations are perfect beyond compare|
|reading aloud:||*chokes on spit*|
Once again tailsholdingacigarette.png sums my mood up perfectly.
This must be the most beautiful DIY tutorial I have ever seen. And it so happens to be in style of this weekend. Found on Ulicam, a very nice blog by Ulrika Kestere, photographer and illustrator. For the whole tutorial and lot’s of inspiration, click here.
In an effort to both allocate space for and document the existence of masculine women, photographer Meg Allen created a powerful series of portraits for an exhibit at Cafe Gabriela in Oakland, Calif.
Entitled BUTCH, Allen’s series not only represents genderqueer women for a broader, heteronormative audience, but reaffirms butch identity within the queer community at a time when “butch flight,” or gender transitioning, is arguably becoming more and more commonplace. It is, as Allen says on her website, “an homage to the bull-daggers and female husbands before me, and to the young studs, gender queers and bois who continue to bloom into the present.”
These are some good looking folks
This is all I have ever wanted to see. My butch friends may sometimes get “Why don’t you just become a man?” in the same way folks would tell me “Why don’t you just be a butch lesbian?” Because masculinity and gender identity are two totally separate bubbles, that for some become a venn diagram, and for others, coexist peacefully inside of us.
Two things can exist independently, and coexist peacefully. Gender identity and masculinity/femininity/androgyny.
Wow, I didn’t think you could be absolutely any more wrong but here you are, back to be told that you’re wrong again.
1. D*ke is a slur. It is used to incite violence. Some lesbians have reclaimed it. That doesn’t mean it’s a no-holds-barred slur fest. Especially if you aren’t a lesbian who is reclaiming it.
2. “Butch” and “Femme” are descriptors used within the lesbian community. Funnily enough - They are used to describe gender expression. You are literally using words that describe gender expression to tell me that I am expressing gender wrong. Oh my god. Stop. I’m embarrassed for you.
3. I know there are labels, that’s why I literally have a list of them down the side of my blog as personal identifiers. if you’re the same anon then you just rocked up to say “WAH! I DON’T LIKE YOUR LABELS! YOU CAN’T HAVE THOSE LABELS!” while telling me labels are necessary. You’re a fucking idiot. Get a load of this guy.
4. Straight people and cis people are two different things. Wouldn’t expect someone as ignorant as you to know that though.
"Hetero" as in Heterosexual means "other" - It means, you like people that are not the same gender as you.
5. Cis means that your gender identity matches your sex. Gay people can be cis, bi people can be cis, lesbians can be cis, asexual people can be cis.
I can tell you’re trying SUPER hard to educate me, but the fact you actually don’t know what you’re talking about and as a result just spout shit shows that you need to spend some more time on this amazing website I found called Google.com
|*accidentally purposely turns conversation sexual*|